Mortgage Loan Consultant - San Jose
Mortgage Loan Consultant - San JoseMERIWEST CREDIT UNION
San Jose, CA 95123
Mortgage Loan Consultant - Req. #3389
CA and AZ
Meriwest Mortgage is seeking Loan Consultants to work throughout CA and or AZ. The Loan Consultant will be responsible for soliciting and originating residential loan requests from borrowers and other sources including referrals from real estate agents, financial planners, attorneys and other centers of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Solicits, originates, and underwrites residential loan requests from borrowers and other sources including referrals from real estate agents, financial planners, attorneys, and other centers of influence.
Self-sources leads and creates profitable business relationships with referral partners.
Collects and analyzes information regarding members’ income, assets, investments, or debts to determine which financial products best meet the member’s needs and financial circumstances and determines if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet credit union and governmental standards.
Advises members of advantages of disadvantages of different financial products, marketing, servicing or promoting the Meriwest Credit Union and Meriwest Mortgage financial products.
Sells the Credit Union's mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community.
Cross sells other Credit Union services.
Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
- Two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- Three to five years external/outside retail mortgage experience with an emphasis on self-sourced business.
- Excellent customer service skills with the availability to assist members on evenings and weekends.
- Sound knowledge and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending.
- Must be proficient in PC skills.
- Must be NMLS and MLO licensed.
Do you want to be valued as an employee?Employees are Meriwest’s most valuable resource. We provide competitive wages and a supportive environment that promotes career advancement. We also offer an excellent, fully comprehensive benefits program, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision on the first day of employment for full-time employees
- Free Long Term Care Insurance for employees
- Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Repayment Plan
- Pension Plan/401K
- Bonus and incentive potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday program
- Career growth support and planning programs
- In-house fitness center
- Discounts on new mortgage after 6 months of employment
We are an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or veteran status.
To apply please reference Req. #3389