Government Affairs Associate
Government Affairs AssociateSanta Clara County Association of REALTORS
San Jose, CA 95112
Government Affairs Associate - Job description
We are looking for a talented individual to add to our Government Affairs Team. This individual will assist our Government Affairs Director in a wide variety of ways. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of politics and housing issues in Santa Clara County. This individual will work specifically very closely with the Santa Clara County municipalities, elected officials, housing providers, coalition partners, and members . This is a full-time position, but will require a flexible schedule with overtime capacities. We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator and that will represent our association well.
- Bachelor degree in political science, communications, public relations, or related field.
- 2+ years of work experience in a government affairs, public policy, public relations, communications, housing programs, elected official staff, or similar staff.
- Act in an administrative support role for the Government Affairs Director.
- Presents SCCAOR’s position before City Councils, Board of Supervisors, Planning Commissions, etc.
- Manage Government Affairs member and consumer facing content for the SCCAOR website, blog posts, and newsletters.
- Executes an outreach and communications plan to reach out to homeowners and housing groups.
- Possess excellent writing skills for creating content for consumption by the media and public.
- Assist the Government Affairs Director with promoting market statistics and trends through press releases and social channels.
- Establishes and maintains political contacts throughout the business, political and community arenas.
- Attends candidate fundraisers, community and political meetings, when necessary, as assigned by the Government Affairs Director.
- Provides strategic support for identified issues important to organized real estate.
- Attends regional, statewide and out-of-state meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Attends all internal meetings and supports members with current information on legislation, local ordinances, etc., as assigned by the Government Affairs Director.
- Researches, analyzes and prepares reports on proposed, new and/or existing legislation on local, state and national levels as assigned by the Government Affairs Director.
- Review city and county agency agendas and web sites on real estate pertinent information, specifically within the Government Affairs Associate assigned jurisdictions.
- Improve SCCAOR brand through increased advocacy social media presence.
Vacation Time: 3 weeks annually
Holiday Time: 16 1/2 days
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance provided.
Our Mission: The Santa Clara County Association of REALTORS (SCCAOR) exists to meet the business, professional, and political needs of its members and to promote and protect private property rights.
Core Values: Welcoming- Promoting a positive and respectful environment where everyone feels they belong. Dynamic- Innovative and solution orientated industry leaders empowering each other to succeed. Dedicated- Committed to excellence in everything we do.
We are looking for a candidate that is fully committed to our Mission and Core Values.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All members and staff are required to wear masks. Regular cleaning and sanitation. All touchless sinks and restrooms. Curbside pick up available. Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Government Affairs or Public Policy: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location