Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics - Sustainability - Associate 2
Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics - Sustainability - Associate 2PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS
San Jose, CA 95110
A career in our Sustainability practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we’re able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
Our team helps organisations plan, source, deliver, finance and measure the wider impact of products and services. We’re helping to future proof businesses by making them more resilient and sustainable. You’ll focus on identifying and prioritising sustainability issues, setting goals that support alignment and integration of the sustainability vision into overall corporate strategy, and implementing processes, controls, systems, and dashboards to measure progress for consistent and accurate reporting.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career with our Sustainability-Future of Reporting services will enable you to help clients meet evolving stakeholder expectations for transparency on environmental, social and governance topics. You’ll work with clients to understand and navigate reporting standards (e.g. SASB, Integrated Reporting, GRI, TCFD), develop processes, controls and technology to support reporting and provide independent assurance over ESG disclosures to help clients keep pace with capital market expectations.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Engineering, Environmental Law, Environmental Science, Finance, Journalism, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Mathematics, Sustainable Resource Management
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA, CISA or completing the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s FSA Part II exam
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in sustainability and non-financial reporting on environmental, social and governance issues, which includes a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Non-financial reporting, information technology, processes and controls;
- Current and emerging reporting frameworks which may include Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, International Integrated Reporting Council Framework, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, and the Global Reporting Initiative;
- Internal controls and the internal and/or external audit process; and,
- Technical aspects of information systems, as well as an understanding of application controls, IT general controls and financial reporting concepts.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in controls around the non-financial reporting and sustainability processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist which includes experience in the following areas:
- Researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Solving problems and prioritizing multiple tasks;
- Effectively communicating with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form;
- Summarizing and communicating research findings and recommendations concisely;
- Taking ownership of personal growth and development; and,
- Demonstrating flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoassuranceassociate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.