Revenue Accounting Manager
Revenue Accounting ManagerArm
San Jose, CA 95117
- Be a key member in an international revenue accounting team responsible for revenue recognition
- With outstanding attention to detail, analyze and account for highly sophisticated licensing contracts between Arm and its customers, involving multiple element arrangement, unspecified upgrades, service & maintenance etc.
- Partner with multiple teams to resolve the revenue recognition treatment for new deals, product and service introductions, pricing and promotional models, and go-to-market strategies.
- Assist in the licensing revenue forecasting process
- Own both month and quarter end processes related to Revenue accounts
- Develop and maintain revenue policies & standard methodology procedures and ensure they are applied appropriately, and appropriate SOX compliance internal controls.
- Lead writing or review of technical position papers.
- Collaborating with internal and external auditors;
- Lead supporting audit of revenue accounting both for all audits.
- Lead projects related to financial systems and business processes and business process transformation/upgrades
- Be a change agent for implementing new insights and process improvements
- Mentor, lead and develop junior revenue team members in India and US
- Strong understanding and extensive hands-on experience in practical application of revenue accounting under ASC 606 and IFRS 15 in a software/licensing environment and capable of writing technical memos
- Interest and experience supporting commercial sales activities which includes contract review, arbitration support and deal revenue forecasting
- Communicating authoritatively and ambitiously across both multiple levels of the business within Arm
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team, lead multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet all priorities.
- Strong analytical mentality and approach to problem solving and implementing strategies seen fit for building the future
- Strong work ethic, with the appetite for inspiring change and making a difference
- Thrive within a continuously evolving, fast-paced multi-national company
- Excellent teamwork with the ability to interact with all organization levels and team members across the globe.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in using SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting (RAR) is preferred
- CPA or equivalent qualification required
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
- Be upbeat not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.