Budget Accounting Analyst
Budget Accounting AnalystCampbell Union High School District
San Jose, CA 95124
QualificationsUS work authorization (Required)
Please copy and paste the below link into your browser to start our online application process:
- CSEA Salary Schedule, Range X: $55,097.38 - $77,516.16 annually
- 260 day work year
- Generous health benefit coverage plan options, including two that require no employee contribution
Under general direction of the Assistant Superintendent, Business Services or designee, this position is to perform professional-level accounting work in establishing, analyzing, maintaining and auditing financial and statistical records; prepares complex accounting, budgetary and statistical reports and claims; recommends the establishment and revisions of accounting procedures; makes choices in the application of professionally acceptable methods and procedures; reviews the work of others regularly in terms of compliance with State, Federal and local requirements; and performs related work as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following tasks are essential for this position. Employees in this classification may not perform all of these tasks, or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
- Balances and reconciles financial records and accounts.
- Prepares journal entries and budget transfers.
- Ensures that funds are allocated in appropriate account code structure when approving purchase order requisitions.
- Ensures that purchase order requisitions have the appropriate back-up such as Board approved contracts, and Board minutes confirming contract approval.
- Converts purchase order requisitions into purchase orders.
- Ensures that all approved purchases are sent to vendors for processing, including completion of and sending necessary paperwork.
- Participates in the year end fiscal and accounting closing process.
- Participates and provides information to the Bond and Parcel Tax Oversight Committees as required.
- Mails and processes forms for parcel tax exemptions for senior citizens.
- Performs a wide range of professional-level accounting, financial analysis and auditing work.
- Prepares complex, recurring and special reports from various source documents.
- Compiles, analyzes and audits budget data and completes budget allocations.
- Checks and reconciles accounting records to control figures.
- Applies internal budgetary controls.
- Analyzes accounting and reporting requirements of state and federally funded projects and grants and established appropriate accounts and accounting procedures.
- Analyzes charges to programs for conformance with budgets and guidelines.
- Completes reports and claims with funding agencies.
- Maintains income and cash flow records relative to funds assigned.
- Advises program managers as to record keeping requirements and budget modifications.
- Reviews monthly financial statement and makes adjustments if necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Who we are
Campbell Union High School District, located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, is a small, close knit district committed to ensuring every student is ready for the future. We strive to be data-informed and focused on results, while promoting humanity, kindness, and personal responsibility. We are proud to provide a supportive environment of collaboration among our staff. We know that high quality teachers, administrators and staff are key to our students’ success and are working to retain and recruit passionate and effective talent.
We know that high quality teachers, administrators and staff are key to our students’ success and are working to retain and recruit passionate and effective talent.
We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity and social justice, and we make a particular effort to recruit people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color to apply for open positions.
Education and Training
- Associate of Arts degree in accounting and data processing, or the equivalent supplemented by coursework or training in computer operations and data processing practices, Business or Vocational school training in accounting, data processing, or closely related course.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience involving financial record keeping, and operation of electronic data processing systems, or technical level accounting experience in which the incumbent has acquired the knowledge and abilities listed above.
- School district experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Individual must possess a solid understanding of principles and practices of general and governmental accounting principles applicable to school accounting, including Governmental Accounting Standards Board standards for accounting and financial reporting for government agencies, and the California School Accounting Manual.
- Must possess the ability to apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures in conjunction to Bond, Parcel Tax and other fund activities.
- Must possess the ability to perform accurate computations, recording and reporting of financial transactions as well as possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Understand, interpret and apply specific District, State and special project accounting and fiscal requirements, procedures, policies and laws.
- Prepare clear and concise financial and accounting analysis reports.
- Type 45 words per minute.
- Provide training to users on information and data systems.
- Organize and prioritize tasks.
- Work independently under general supervision.
- Manage multiple databases.
- Understand and carryout instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Required valid California Driver's License and proof of insurance
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 87.5% of time.
- Constantly operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office machines.
- Ability to communicate and accurately exchange/provide information.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Ability to push/pull, squat, or reach overhead.
- Physical agility to lift, carry, push, and pull up to twenty five pounds on an occasional basis.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and, qualifications required for this position.
It is the policy of Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD) to provide equal opportunity for all individuals in education and employment. District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal Code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (Board Policy 5145.3 and 4030 through 4032).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,097.38 - $77,516.16 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- financial record keeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- CA Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location